- Breastfeeding is finally going unequivocally well! He eats when he needs to eat, I pump enough for him to have while I am at work, I am able to freeze about 10 ounces a week for future use, my left nipple has finally completely healed (the right...not so much), Grayson is growing and strong, he is healthy and gaining appropriately. I take Shatavari twice a day now to keep my supply strong- and if it feels low I take a third or drink a dark beer with dinner. The only problem now is how very interested Grayson is in the world around him- while nursing he wants to check out the cats, the music, the people in the room and everything else including the pictures on the wall. This makes nursing in public immensely more entertaining for him but challenging for me to maintain any sense of modesty.
- Grayson can roll! I call him my rollie pollie ollie boy. He goes from back to belly and belly to back, sometimes over and over and over again in the same spot. Our boy is on the move!
- Sleep is getting better- he naps at times for 90 minutes in the crib (at times) more often 35 minutes at a time. He goes down for the night in his crib and stays there happily and sleeping for anywhere from 3-6 hours before waking. When he wakes during the week I just take him up to our bed --- I can't go up and down the stairs soothing him back to sleep or nursing and popping him back to bed over and over again on work nights. The plan is to spend my spring break (only 1 week away now!!) reassuring him and teaching him to sleep longer in the crib at night so we can slowly transition him out of our bed altogether. I am very happy with how well it is going and proud of us for being so patient with him and ourselves.
Two adults, two boys, a dog and a whole lot of chaos! Come along on our wild ride
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Updates-skills, milk, ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment