Sweet Grayson, changing and challenging both himself and us daily. He has really been struggling lately- feeling very emotional, very frustrated when he cannot accomplish a task or communicate his message, very mad or sad when he cannot do what the adults do, and simply shocked and heartbroken when he is told no. I believe we are finally seeing the terrible twos- and I feel so sad for him. I don't think he is terrible- but I think he feels terrible sometimes. It must be so hard to have such big feelings and strong desires and not be able to manage them because you are just little.
His language is really blooming and it is a blast to watch it grow- he knows nearly all of his shapes, he can count to 10, he uses pronouns, he uses tense markers, his vocabulary is exploding, he understands the beginnings of passive voice and negation, he makes requests, he answers wh questions like when and where and who with no difficulty at all. He is precious to listen to and charming to attempt to converse with.
He loves baseball and hit ball and ball and golf and soccer and bubbles and noodle hit (a sword like game we created with swim noodles) and digging in dirt and running in circles and using his lawn mower and playing outside for every single minute he possibly can each and every day. Mickey Mouse is still his best bud and constant companion and most requested item - especially 'Mickey Mouse on the tv now!" in the evening when he is just done.
Before bed each night mommy and Grayson brush his teeth together. After the teeth are clean he jumps in my arms and lays like a 'baby Keegan' and asks me to sing Rock A Bye Baby - just two times. He lies in my arms and rubs his sweet little boy hands on my arms and sings many of the words along with me and he just is so perfect and precious and I just can't believe he is mine. After Rock a Bye, he sits up and we sing Itsy Bitsy Spider while I use his hands to do the motions and he laughs his sweet little boy laugh and smiles his sweet little boy smiles and then I clap and he claps and gives me a big hug. Some nights the whole routine is a struggle because he doesn't want to go to bed or he is overtired or sad about something- but every single night he throws his arms around me and says 'love you too momma' and every single night I sigh.
Despite the challenges of this age, the emotional liability of my little man- I could not imagine anywhere or anytime I would rather be. I cannot understand how he is getting so big so fast, and I know that though challenges will remain for my entire life as a parent these ones will pass all too soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment