Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Schmitzel takes a trip


This baby is one well traveled little kiddo- and it isn't even born yet. Since this is my spring break- a short woo hoo for teacher's schedules- we decided to go somewhere warm and relaxing and free- super important part there. We flew west to visit Ry's brother Dan, my stepsister Courtney and my good friend Jody and her man Dave.

So far this baby has been on two planes, gone to a professional soccer game-as a VIP even, walked miles of beachfront and trails, frolicked in tide pools in San Diego, been on a military aircraft carrier, toured 6 museums in Balboa Park, eaten approximately 1.5 gallons of ice cream (it is vacation after all), taken Roxy the American Bulldog to the Dog Beach, watched Indy cars fly around race tracks at the Long Beach Grand Prix and more.

The whole time all has been well, I am tired and could really use a big nap but it was an amazing vacation full of really exciting things neither of us have ever done before- and on the cheap. We are blessed to have such wonderful friends and family- Dan and Jody both opened their homes to us (Jody even stayed somewhere else for three days) allowing us to stay in comfort and to afford this trip. Dan not only let us stay at his place but also made us breakfast each morning and cooked dinner for us a few nights too! The best part of this trip was the quality time we all got to spend together- very low key evenings with long meals and good conversation.

I may have felt the baby move for the first time the other night- but I could have just been talking myself into thinking I felt the baby move... I am sure as the sensation comes more frequently I will be able to be sure if that is baby or crazy mind games.

No comments:

Post a Comment