It has been ages since I have written words and not just posted pictures so here are a few random things I don't want to forget:
-Grayson night weaned himself a few weeks ago. It makes me so sad (but hopeful that maybe someday he will sleep through the night). I loved our quiet time in the middle of the night, loved how sweet and tender he was when he nursed and snuggled at 4 am and loved how easy it was to get him back to sleep- a little momma milk and TaDa! back to sleep. Now he refuses to nurse in the night- nurses for the last time about 6 pm before dinner and then not again until about 7 am- which is nice. However, when he wakes up in the night I have no magic recipe for getting him back to sleep which sometimes means that I end up sitting by his crib from 4-6 am trying to convince him to sleep for longer than 7 minutes at a time and that stinks.
-Grayson just discovered how incredibly awesome it is to take things out of boxes. Now as we clean up in the evenings he takes toys back out almost as fast as you put them in. He gets WILD flinging things about and laughing- it is so cute.
-Grayson likes to walk around the house using anything with wheels as his walker- including his walking toys but also (and his most favorite, therefore also most destructive) his highchair. Sometimes I am in the kitchen doing something behind the counter and then all of the sudden the highchair goes rolling by the other side of the counter- crashing into stools and walls while a small man giggles underneath it.
-Grayson has officially decided that sitting still is for chumps- he LOVES to be on the move, which can make cooking or eating or any other activity in which you would like him restrained very difficult to complete- he would MUCH rather be crawling, pulling up, trying to stick things into electrical outlets (seriously why do babies think that is a good idea?) or knocking over fans than sitting in his highchair or nicely playing on the floor.
No comments:
Post a Comment