Wednesday, July 27, 2011

32 week appointment for Baby B

Grayson came with Mommy to the midwife this week. It was quite the adventure!
Grayson doesn't like it when other people touch "his" mom and gets pretty upset- so Cheri and I have been planning some practice runs at midwife appointments and dr visits to try to prep him for when mommy is in the hospital with the new baby.
Grayson got to help take my blood pressure (still well within normal range), push the buttons while I stood on the scale (still gained about 6 pounds this pregnancy), hold the doppler while we listened to Baby B (solid heartrate of about 143) and play with cars on the floor while Cheri and I talked. All in all G did much better than I expected- he will come along with Ry as well to the next appointment and hopefully there will be even less crying and moments of general distress.
Cheri can't tell which way Baby B is pointed this time around, and I am measuring a little bigger this pregnancy than I was at this time last pregnancy yet haven't gained any more weight (though I honestly haven't worked out as much either so...) Cheri said that if she cannot tell what position Baby B is in at the next appointment she would like to do an ultrasound to see where he is and how big he is getting. We have tentatively scheduled that ulatrasound for my 36 week appointment but can move it up if need be.
Good appointment, good news, good days and already 8 months pregnant :)

No comments:

Post a Comment