Wednesday, December 28, 2011

27 months old


At 27 months old Grayson is possibly the best big brother and coolest kid I ever could dream of. Seems like every month I think things have to slow down and he won't be changing as quickly- and every month he surprises me.
  • Grayson now calls me "mommy" instead of momma- it sounds so grown up
  • Grayson appears to have self weaned from nursing- he nursed a bit during his battle with hand, foot, mouth a few weeks ago but hasn't asked since even when the baby is nursing, he just gets his cup and talks about his milkies and Keegan's milkies
  • Grayson is beginning to use three and four word spontaneous phrases- 'my do it daddy' 'my drink it mouth' 'go away mommy' etc
  • Grayson is very certain that he should do everything himself- 'my do it' it heard FREQUENTLY in our house right now
  • Grayson is in love with Diego- he even picked out a Diego toilet seat for himself and asks for Diego each day (now that we have Netflix he can watch Diego on demand...)
  • Mickey Mouse Clubhouse appears to have taken over as the tv show of choice- G loves Mickey and knows all the characters when we play with his Mickey Mouse counting cards
  • Grayson is watching more tv than I like- see  above- but honestly with him and the baby and the winter sometimes I just cave so I can nurse Keegan without being stomped on or beg to go walking
  • When Grayson agrees with something or you guess right for months he has been saying YAY! (which I love) but that is slowly being replaced with "Yep" (often pronounced 'dep')
  • Grayson loves loves loves christmas lights and is pretty bummed that they are slowly disappearing- for the last month as we drive around town he has been spotting lights and joyously reporting "more lights mommy"

No comments:

Post a Comment