Grayson James is 28 months old and continues to be pretty darn awesome. According to the scales he now likes to stand on everywhere (he is super into numbers) he weighs somewhere around 30 pounds, and he must have gotten taller since all of his pants look like he is waiting for a small flood of some sort. Grayson is really into his brother this month- he likes to give him toys, offer him food and offer him milk and water. He worries a lot about Keegan if he is crying or upset (though often enough Grayson's exuberance is the cause of the upset due to a misplaced foot or accidental swing near the baby's head).
Grayson has been pretty emotional lately. He is teething yet again. He has been struggling to sleep well independently for long stretches- often needing to chat with Daddy. He has been welling up with tears when we say no to him or stop him from doing something unsafe. He wants to help with everything and do everything himself. He is two in every sense of the word and with everything that implies--- he is desperate to communicate but often we can't understand him, he is frustrated to not be understood, he is building his self concept and wants to be super independent yet he wants mommy or daddy to be near him or with him at all times (but on his terms), he cries at the drop of a hat and has a hard time recovering yet is still what I would describe as a very happy boy, he can tantrum for 20 minutes or more and sometimes we have no idea why and sometimes it can be about something as little as who threw the trash away, he cries when someone else is hurt and laughs wildly when we laugh, he is compassionate and kind and beautiful and a single day doesn't go by that I don't think to myself that I am one blessed lady to get to be his mom. He certainly presents his challenges- I can only hope that Ryan and I do him justice and are able to be the patient, supportive, unconditionally loving parents that he deserves. It is hard sometimes- I am tired from being up so much with Keegan and there are days I am not as patient as I wish I was- but I am hoping that Grayson always knows how very very much we love him and I am hoping that we can do justice to this sweet little guy we were given to raise.
No comments:
Post a Comment