Friday, October 30, 2009

4.5 weeks



So things appear to finally be improving!!
My mastitis is gone, my fever is gone and I haven't cried in three days!!!
Grayson is finally gaining weight the way they want him to, so even though nursing then bottle feeding then pumping is time consuming and a bit stressful- it is working so we are going to keep on doing it.
My speechies have been awesome this week- Kevin dropped off a delicious dinner for us on Sunday- which took us through Tuesday night. Then Bethers and Juju came over yesterday with lunch and kept us company all afternoon, held the little man while I pumped and even gave him a bottle so I could get some stuff done. Thanks speechies.
Once again my mom rocks- she came up Wednesday to watch Grayson while I saw the breast specialist (good thing too because he lost his mind and screamed while I was in the appointment- til I taught mom how to use the sling and he calmed immediately). The breast specialist was actually happy about the improvement she noted in my nipples and thinks they may actually be able to heal while I am breastfeeding (there was some concern that wouldn't happen). I have to go back to see her in 3 weeks, back to Dr Esser for another weight check in 2 weeks, and Cheri in 2 weeks. Lots of appointments but as long as they keep showing some form of improvement- I will happily keep going.
Grayson got to meet some of his extended family last weekend- some aunts and uncles and cousins on Ryan's side- he had a lovely day and it was so nice to hang out with other moms who have survived breastfeeding or pumping- Beth even hung out with me to keep me company.
Little man is now one month old!- we couldn't decide if we should mark that occasion on Monday when he turned 4 weeks or on the 28th when he was a month old...but either way the boy is getting old :) He smiles now in his sleep and even did once this morning while his eyes were open- though I am sure it wasn't intentional. He grunts and growls- especially when he is hungry. Grayson makes incredibly intense eye contact at times- like he is trying to memorize you- it is amazing, as is he. His eyes are changing color too, right now they are gray (how cool would it be if they stayed that way?) but who knows what color they will be in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment