Friday, October 16, 2009

two and a half weeks




Our little man is two and a half weeks old, we have been home with him for two full weeks and finally we are starting to feel like we can do this. Turns out breastfeeding is really freaking hard- this may be TMI- but my nipples are cracked, my boobs hurt and I am so tired from waking every couple of hours to feed our little man. Thankfully Ryan and my family have been SUPER supportive and I have a few text buddies who have recently been breastfeeding moms who give me advice and words of encouragement. We also hired a lactation consultant which has been incredibly helpful.
Things are starting to get better- I rarely cry when he latches on now and he is clearly eating enough. Days 4 to 11 were not so good- in fact they may be the hardest days of my life so far- but thankfully they are over and my mom and Ryan were here to help me through them. Tev was here for two days too- and she stayed up with me all night each night to try figure out feeding, then my mom took over for the rest of our first week home and thankfully by the time she left we were beginning to figure things out and now flying solo is not so terrifying in the dark.
Grayson is amazing and each day I look into his eyes and fall even more in love with him. He looks at me and squeaks- which is way more awesome than we he looks at me and screams- and my heart melts. He just amazes me- his hands, his feet, his eyes, his perfection- we are so very very blessed and I cannot believe that somehow we created him and now we are in charge of loving and caring for him forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment