Today our sweet baby turned 14 weeks old. He squeals and smiles when he is happy baby and awake and squeals and grumbles when he is overtired. He is protesting his naps in his crib and now only sleeps for about 25 minutes in the crib, but will sleep 1.5 to 2 hours in his swing. We have given our all to sleep training in the crib for a month now by patting, shushing, reassuring and singing to him while he is in the crib and it seems as though he is sleeping worse and worse so- we are done for now. He naps two naps a day in the swing and two short naps a day in the crib. It isn't awesome but it is working for now and perhaps we can tackle the sleeping in the crib issue again in a few weeks or even months. For now we are just going to be happy he sleeps independently at all.
Mommy had to go back to work today- bummer. I was sad to leave but oh so very happy that if I had to leave my baby boy I left him with his daddy and didn't have to drop him off at a daycare or stranger's house. We all survived and will continue to do so- but it was bittersweet for sure. I love my job and love that I have such an amazing schedule for 'full time' employment but I love my son and loved being home with him more than I ever thought I would before he was born.
Yayyy for Grayson and Ryan. Boo for Kaely and work. Ryan, try to come up with a loose daily and weekly schedule to break up the day and feel good about down time.
ReplyDeleteex: daily tummy time (FOR GRAYSON!!) big movement stimulation, walk around the house and lable items that Grayson visually follows, download new music of YOUR liking, daily wii playing ...etc
treat yourself to favorite foods on different days of the week..
do not start scrapbooking, or I will start to worry!!!
loose daily schedule- check
ReplyDeletedecent music selection- check (grayson only gets his music during bath time)
walking about the house- check- Ryan has informed me we need a much bigger house
labeling items and self talk- check- Ryan reports he talks more during the day now than he ever has
daily wii playing- check- but only during nap time or when mommy is home- Ry has gone pro in ping pong in Wii Sports Resort
tummy time daily- check- though little man hates it now- he mastered the roll over but hates to have to do it himself so he just yells at his daddy to do it for him
I think their next step is to figure out how to get out of the house on occassion and perhaps to take your advice to spice up the menu- not sure how many cold tuna sandwiches Ry can eat