So I have heard that kids stop sleeping when they are learning new skills and that until those skills are mastered or the growth spurt is over (mental or physical) there isn't much you can do. Let's hope that when the new skills are learned our baby goes back to being the good little co-sleeper he was. For a couple of weeks Grayson was going to sleep in his swing at about 7:00, waking up at 12:30 am for a meal then sleeping until 4 or 5 am when he would want to eat again. It was working for us- Ryan and I had time for dinner together, I had time to shower and we were all sleeping fairly decently.
Well fast forward to now- and once again we have a baby who WILL NOT sleep for more than an hour- day or night it doesn't matter. Last night he woke at 9:22 pm (ate), 11:07 pm, 12:30 am (ate), 1:40 am, 3:10 am. 3:40 am (ate), 5:00 am (never really fell back asleep from 5-6) and at 6:35 decided to start his day. UGH is all I have to say- well that and "sorry" to all of my students :) I wasn't the nicest teacher today after 3 days of this new non-sleep schedule.
But then I came home and Ryan showed me Grayson's new tricks. He can
*pull himself to standing while holding onto your fingers
*stand using either your fingers or a table to support himself
*'dance' while standing
*smile in response to your smile
So here is hoping that he isn't sleeping because he is too darn busy being the smartest baby and that once he masters these skills he will sleep (and we will sleep) again.
Nyquil?
ReplyDelete