So my friends told me lots of stuff about being pregnant, things will change, bodies will morph, sleep will be elusive, etc. But there are so many more things no one can ever explain or quantify in a way that you actually expect them when they happen.
For example- this week's newest trick of my body is that every single time I stand from sitting or laying down I become terribly dizzy...seeing stars, feeling queasy, need to hold on to something and close my eyes dizzy. So after uppping my water intake and making sure my blood sugar is steady by snacking every 3-4 hours with still no relief I called my midwife. Turns out I need to be trying to get at least 100 to 160 oz of water a day to try to support all the extra blood and fluid in my system now that it is warm. I also get to start an iron supplement in order to try to boost my hemoglobin level and keep myself from seeing stars.
Neither of those solutions are terribly difficult to achieve- but I do fear that trying to drink that much water will mean that I may spend the rest of this pregnancy in the bathroom. Guess it is time to make sure I a super compliant Kegel completer...
I find it interesting that no matter how 'prepared' you think you are or how many friends with whom you shared their pregnancy journey- there really are surprises around every corner during these 40 weeks. So far I am blessed to have such little inconveniences to talk about- ligament pain (man that can take your breath away sometimes), dizziness, fatigue, sciatic pain- nothing that can't be managed or dealt with easily.
No comments:
Post a Comment