So I am feeling overly blessed these days. My good friend Jen invited me over the other night because she was ready to clean out some of her baby stuff and wanted me to have first dibs. All I have to say is wowsers! I ended up coming home with an amazing amount of lovely, quality, free things for our little Schmitzel. Jen and her family gave us a travel swing, a Moby wrap, a snuggle something that is apparently great for naps in strange places and no less than 70 outfits, blanket sleepers and shoes. She also offered us all kinds of cool stuff that her baby De' is still using but will be done with before the Schmitzel needs. I cannot believe how lucky we are. I spent last evening sorting all of the clothes from Jen and my sister in law Julie and ended up with a full bin of newborn to 3 mos clothes, a full bin of 3-6 mos clothes and a close to full bin of 6-9 mos clothes. There are blanket sleepers and sleep and plays and pants and just so much cute stuff. Some of it may not fit our kiddo at the right time since Baby De' was born in July- but most of it will and it is all in great shape.
Ryan put together the Schmitzel's dresser for me yesterday so I could start putting stuff away but we still aren't sure what walls things are going on so I haven't done that yet. I am excited for the first time in my life to do laundry and put it away (Ry can attest to the fact that putting laundry away is not my greatest strength :) but am going to wait for a while- until his arrival gets a little closer and keep everything in his bins so I can add and sort obsessively.
Other stuff:
We are trying to pick the dates for the showers of love on the Schmitzel- turns out summer is b-u-s-y (as if I didn't already know that) and picking a day when all of our favorite ladies can get together and hang out is easier said than done. ETA: Dates have been picked! We will be celebrating the Schmitzel in Wisco on Sunday July 26th and in IL on Saturday August 1st. That should be perfect as most of our important ladies think they will be able to attend (the grandmas will for sure so that is great) and it will give me a few weeks to get everything settled before I go back to work on August 28th.
We are not going to have to paint the nursery in order to match the crib set- which is THRILLING to Ryan- who has painted more in the last 5 months than he has in his last 30+ years. We just have to keep on cleaning out the office and creating some sort of order. On that note- we bought some really nice cabinets and storage for the Schmitzel's closet and assembled them over the weekend. At least the closet is cleaned out and done! Now I just have to get to the bookshelves, oh and the pile on the floor.
FYI for those who are interested- the stars are fading away. I added 1/2 an iron supplement and have tried to make a very concerted effort to increase both my iron and protein intake (spinach on everything! chickpeas as a snack!) which has certainly made a difference. My next appointment with our midwife is on Monday and hopefully all will be balancing well and the stars will stay in the sky where they belong. This will be the first appointment Ryan will not be attending with me because it is in the middle of the workday and he and his brother Mike are very busy mowing, cleaning and mulching yards all over the place.
No comments:
Post a Comment