Wednesday, September 16, 2009

38 week appointment

Saw Cheri today
All is well, I actually lost 2 pounds (thank goodness because things were getting wild there for a while), my blood pressure is fabulous (110/70ish) and my swelling is down. I have been being a good girl and drinking all of my recommended pregnancy teas and apparently they are helping as they are supposed to. Little man's heartbeat sounded strong and lovely and clear. Cheri and I revisited the GBS issue again- not much else to say about that.
We are scheduled for a fetal size estimate ultrasound next Wednesday morning. Cheri said it is tough to be totally sure of his general size and position due to my general size and position and next week Wednesday will be almost 40 weeks so if she wants us to start some natural induction or encouragement techniques she would want us to start then... hope my walking shoes are good and comfy and I better buy a ton of pineapple (Kev's wife thinks that worked for her). I am already taking evening primrose oil, raspberry leaf tea and some other pregnancy tea with a bunch of stuff including nettle leaf for the swelling so I am doing some things to encourage this little guy along.
Ryan is taking the morning off work to go to the ultrasound with me and then I have my 39 week appointment the same day.
I confessed to Cheri that we hadn't yet packed a bag or installed the carseat and with love she chastised me strongly so I came home and carseats are installed! Mike and Julie were nice enough to give us a spare base so Ryan and I each have a base in our cars (handy as heck).
Now about that hospital bag....

4 comments:

  1. any nesting happening, that is a true indicator!

    i may need to come and inspect that car seat. something like 70% of people have them installed or use them incorrectly without knowing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have to say, i usually dread phone calls from bethers, but now that she is the contact person, i can't wait to hear from her!!! it is getting pretty damn exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we had a long discussion last night about the possibility of correct vs incorrect installation of the car seat... internet research, car manual studying and Graco manual studying leads us to believe it is correct BUT if I can find an inspection place this weekend- I am going to go

    ReplyDelete
  4. AND
    I am glad I have found a way to make you look forward to Bethers calls.... perhaps she should use this to her advantage :)
    I am also getting excited for this little man to arrive- but would still be very content to wait one more week (or more) so I don't have to return to work before Winter Break--

    ReplyDelete