Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Names, names and more names

Nope not going to tell you what the Schmitzel's future name is... we aren't even sure what it is yet- but if we did know I wouldn't tell you anyway.

The Schmitzel doesn't have an official name yet- but he sure has lots of nicknames which I am sure will only multiply as he keeps cooking and again once he arrives.
A quick overview...
-The Little Schmitzel- a name gifted to him even before he was being cooked, by my mom at our wedding reception when she made her toast/wish for grandchildren. I love it for many reasons- not the least of which is that our kids can always be the Schmitzels, and in the extended family of the in-laws that is important since there are Copp kids, Samuels kids, Schmitz kids, Reinders kids,.... please note that Schmitz kids has already been used- we can be the Schmitzels. Love it.
-Bean- a name that came out of the weekly emails sent to me by Babycenter.com which equate your baby to a food item weekly (so far he has gone from poppy seed to the length of an English hothouse cucumber)- bean stuck.
-Little Man- pretty obvious, isn't it?
-Chuck- somehow during a conversation with our friends Jamie and Steve from Texas they named him Chuck and it stuck. The two days we spent together in May were spent calling him Chuck and talking about him repeatedly- now whenever I think of Jamie or Steve my mind shifts a little bit and he is Chuck in my head at least during that mental conversation.
-Little Monkey- Kristen from bowling named him this the day we told her about the baby. It makes me giggle- I also think it is cute that she calls him Lil Monkey or Lil Schmitzel Monkey and there is a wild monkey in his bedding and on his wall- it was like she knew. Cool cat that Kristen

I will keep adding more as I think of them- my recall skills are not the best at this moment :)

3 comments:

  1. I love the food comparisons. My favorite was the kumquat. I loved calling him our little kumquat that week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am particularly partial to BEAN for obvious reasons :)

    ReplyDelete