Imagine my surprise when I arrive home to find this on my porch.
This time it was on the front porch and this time it is a total mystery. What is inside this box is our beautiful glider and ottoman- a very lovely and highly hoped for generous gift. The mystery is this- I have NO IDEA who it is from. Here is what I do know..... It was shipped from somewhere in Cali, there is a phone number randomly written on the box that through internet tracing I think leads to a land line in Simi Valley (where I grew up and my stepmom, half brother and stepmom's extended family reside), this land line is unlisted, there is zero other evidence on the box to indicate from whom this came. I checked our registry- and it was taken off there (Woo hoo- I am so very excited about this) but it won't tell me who purchased it. I have a very strong suspicion, but no true proof. SOOOOOO Mystery box sender of kind and generous gifts please stand up so you can be appreciated, acknowledged and thanked in an appropriately profuse way- both by us in private and on the world wide web :)
ETA (edited to add): The gift giver has been revealed. It is my stepmom again! She has given her grandbaby his infant carseat, a Boppy cart cover and a glider with ottoman. I was pretty suspicious with the Simi Valley secret phone number as my main clue- but you never want to jump to conclusions. Thanks so much Karen (and Logan too) your generous gifts will be some of those that we use most frequently- so not only were they wanted they will be appreciated on a regular basis.
No comments:
Post a Comment