Thursday, June 25, 2009

Kicking Daddy

So last night Ryan FINALLY felt the Schmitzel move for the first time. After dinner we were hanging out together on the couch and the baby started kicking around, rocking and rolling, moving and shaking like he likes to do after dinner and a touch of ice cream. So Ryan put his hand on my belly and only had to wait a few seconds before the little man kicked him right in the palm of his hand. I think it surprised the heck out of him because all he could say was- "hey he kicked me" and "it just felt like a kick." I don't know what he was expecting to feel, I don't even know if he has ever felt a baby in utero before- I will have to ask him- but he seemed a bit surprised that it felt so distinctly like a kick. I am a happy momma now- I love that he can feel him too (well, when the Schmitzel is cooperating and kicking in the right place at the right time).

P.S. I just noticed on the ticker that now at 27 weeks there are only 90 days to go until our due date. Wow 90 days, less than 100. Time is flying!

No comments:

Post a Comment