Seven months, I am seven months pregnant- wow
The Schmitzel weighs over two pounds and is 14.8 inches long. He has eye lashes, he can hear the world around him, and is beginning to be sensitive even to light outside the womb.
I saw Cheri, my midwife, today and all is well. I passed my screening for gestational diabetes ("squeaked by" but according to them passed is passed and Jen says I scored lower than she did so... all is well), my hemoglobin is solid now at 12.9 (above 12 is good- so my supplements and daily spinach are working.) I am measuring at 30 cm- which is still 2 cm ahead- but has changed exactly 4 cm since the last appointment so he is growing right on track. My weight gain is fine too- maybe 1.5 pounds too much this time, but now that school is out I am getting more walks in and able to exercise more consistently so that should slow down. My total weight gain so far (from my pre-pregnancy weight) is 5.5 pounds, but keeping in mind that I lost 8 pounds in the beginning- I could be up as much as 13.5 pounds- still well within the allowed amount for my weight and stage in pregnancy.
Not much else to share, Ryan and I are planning on writing our birth plan this weekend and I have to turn that and my pre-registration paperwork in at my next appointment. Now it is off to search for and meet a pediatrician to discuss some components of our birth plan that relate to procedures for the Schmitzel after his arrival.
No comments:
Post a Comment