Saturday, July 25, 2009

Tired, oh so tired

I have decided that restless legs syndrome is a special type of torture designed for pregnant women. I am not sure what I have done to offend the Gods of pregnancy or sleep- I try to be a good girl- but they are exacting vengance on me. Being in my third trimester I am tired- growing a person is some work- and need my sleep but it is elusive.
Here is how it goes down- Ryan and I are hanging out watching tv, I start to feel sleepy so we head up to bed and go through the nighttime routine. While waiting for him I usually snuggle down and begin to nod off, then he comes to bed we chat for a minute, kiss goodnight and within approximately two minutes he is sound asleep. And there I am- so very tired I keep yawning, the eyes watering even, all sleepy and snuggly and ready to crash and then a leg kicks out and it begins. The restless legs are truly uncontrollable- I cannot imagine living like this all the time- they twitch and stretch and kick out and make it impossible to sleep. And what makes this even more evil is that it seems that the more sleepy I am- the worse the legs are- evil I tell you.
I have tried everything I can think of or has been recommended to me to solve this, nap, don't nap, go for walks, don't exercise too hard, cause physical fatigue, eat a banana every day (I eat two), soak the darn legs and feet in epsom salts.....
So here I am at midnight thirty, wishing I was sleeping and writing instead. If anyone has any other suggestions or solutions please share- I am willing to try just about anything at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment