Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Showers of Love part 1- The Wisco baby shower

My lovely friends Misty, Drea and Darcie threw the Schmitzel an equally lovely shower this weekend at my most favorite Italian restaurant in Mil-town (I am pretty sure the ladies that attended can attest to the deliciousness of the salad). The theme was "Where the Wild Things Are" and the decor was lovely. We weren't forced to suffer through any terrible shower games- only a word scramble (much harder than I thought it would be) and a baby Bingo- which inspired some serious competition.
The gifts and my friends were both lovely. We all learned a lot about diaper rash- perhaps more than we wanted to know- laughed a lot and ate some good food. It was very fun and very special to look around a big room and see all the ladies that my son is lucky enough to have helping me be a good mom and loving him too!
My mom came home with me and helped me place everything in the nursery- which is now covered in bags and tissue and fun, cute, sweet baby things. Judi, my mother in law, gave us our bedding set so of course we had to set that up right away. Now the plan is to wait a week, enjoy our family shower in IL and then sort, clean and hang up all kinds of things on the walls. I can hardly wait!
Thank you EVERYONE who made this weekend so special for us, everything from the cake (my favorite yum) to the location (hmm also my favorite yum) to the guests (love you ladies) to the gifts (wow such kindness) and the advice made it so wonderful, memorable and upon reflection- emotional. Ryan and I and our son are very lucky people- we are surrounded by love and support from all angles and I am so grateful!


No comments:

Post a Comment