Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sleepy

So apparently my third trimester is going to be my sleepy trimester- well if this week is any indication anyway. Granted we have been busy and there has been a lot of walking and standing and event attending which always makes me a bit more tired than normal. But this tired is similar to what I think African sleeping sickness may be like. I have my lovely day, usually accidentally falling asleep during the day at least once (if not twice- for that I blame Ryan's golf watching), then we go to bed at a fairly normal time. After about 30 minutes of attempting to get comfortable and maybe some restless legs issues I fall asleep and wake up at least every 3 hours to use the restroom and then fall right back asleep only to wake up finally feeling rested approximately 11 hours later. 11 hours? That is nuts. That is the kind of sleeping I did in college or when hungover, not just on a normalish day. So maybe the Schmitzel is going through a growth spurt, or maybe I am just trying to bank some sleep in my sleep account- who knows? and who knows how long this will last? Perhaps next week or month I will write and tell you all I can't sleep at all- but it sure is interesting to me as I haven't been this kind of sleeper in years.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy it now. The last 4 or 5 weeks were really hard for me to sleep. Between peeing every half hour to being uncomfortable in every position, I had a tough time sleeping. The 3rd trimester is when he'll put on close to 1/2 lb. a week, so he'll start to get crammed in there. Soon he'll begin to really push on your bladder and probably stick his foot up in your ribcage!! ENJOY ;)

    ReplyDelete